CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 76-year-old Colorado woman led Wyoming police on an interstate highway pursuit that exceeded 100 mph at times before her vehicle was disabled by tire spikes.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says the incident started about 12:25 p.m. Thursday when a trooper clocked a vehicle traveling 96 mph in an 80 mph zone on Interstate 25 near Kaycee.
The vehicle did not stop and eventually merged onto eastbound I-90 where police deployed the spikes.
No one was hurt, and the elderly woman was taken into custody without incident. She was preliminarily charged with reckless driving and eluding a police officer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine