ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — The body of an elderly Roswell woman who went missing a month ago has been found in Chaves County near the Pecos River.
New Mexico State Police say a search team located 80-year-old Leotta Talbert on Friday afternoon.
Talbert was last seen Dec. 3 driving away from a Roswell hospital before she was to be formally discharged. Police say she had onset dementia.
State police, along with other agencies, have been conducting air and ground searches since then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
A New Mexico Game and Fish pilot doing a bird survey southeast of Hagerman spotted Talbert’s vehicle on Thursday.
A ground search was initiated but suspended until the next morning.
Talbert’s body has been turned over to the Office of the Medical Investigator.
Authorities do not suspect foul play.