ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — The body of an elderly Roswell woman who went missing a month ago has been found in Chaves County near the Pecos River.
New Mexico State Police say a search team located 80-year-old Leotta Talbert on Friday afternoon.
Talbert was last seen Dec. 3 driving away from a Roswell hospital before she was to be formally discharged. Police say she had onset dementia.
State police, along with other agencies, have been conducting air and ground searches since then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
A New Mexico Game and Fish pilot doing a bird survey southeast of Hagerman spotted Talbert’s vehicle on Thursday.
A ground search was initiated but suspended until the next morning.
Talbert’s body has been turned over to the Office of the Medical Investigator.
Authorities do not suspect foul play.