ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — The body of an elderly Roswell woman who went missing a month ago has been found in Chaves County near the Pecos River.
New Mexico State Police say a search team located 80-year-old Leotta Talbert on Friday afternoon.
Talbert was last seen Dec. 3 driving away from a Roswell hospital before she was to be formally discharged. Police say she had onset dementia.
State police, along with other agencies, have been conducting air and ground searches since then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
A New Mexico Game and Fish pilot doing a bird survey southeast of Hagerman spotted Talbert’s vehicle on Thursday.
A ground search was initiated but suspended until the next morning.
Talbert’s body has been turned over to the Office of the Medical Investigator.
Authorities do not suspect foul play.