ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — The body of an elderly Roswell woman who went missing a month ago has been found in Chaves County near the Pecos River.
New Mexico State Police say a search team located 80-year-old Leotta Talbert on Friday afternoon.
Talbert was last seen Dec. 3 driving away from a Roswell hospital before she was to be formally discharged. Police say she had onset dementia.
State police, along with other agencies, have been conducting air and ground searches since then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
A New Mexico Game and Fish pilot doing a bird survey southeast of Hagerman spotted Talbert’s vehicle on Thursday.
A ground search was initiated but suspended until the next morning.
Talbert’s body has been turned over to the Office of the Medical Investigator.
Authorities do not suspect foul play.