SOMERS, Wis. (AP) — Kenosha County sheriff’s officials say an elderly couple has suffered serious head injuries after someone broke into their home in Somers.
The 84-year-old man and his 83-year-old wife were flown to Froedtert Hospital Friday morning.
Authorities say the man woke to the sound of breaking glass about 2:30 a.m., went to investigate and encountered a male suspect.
Sheriff’s deputies say the motive for the break-in is under investigation. The suspect remains at large.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events