CAIRO (AP) — Maybe the Dark Side is to blame.
Fans in Egypt with IMAX tickets for the premiere of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” were bitterly disappointed when the theater in Cairo said it was cancelling its showings on opening day.
“We are extremely sorry to let you know that the IMAX copy of STAR WARS shipped to our theatre is corrupt,” the theatre said on its Facebook page Wednesday.
“I was livid. We have been planning it since November, reserved tickets online and everything was under control, then they tell us ‘Sorry,'” 34-year-old fan Mahmoud Salem said. “They are lucky people here aren’t die-hard fans. If this had happened in the U.S., they would have set the theatre on fire.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Chaotic first debate: Taunts overpower Trump, Biden visions WATCH
- Tax records reveal how ‘Apprentice’ fame gave Trump a $427 million lifeline
- 4 take-aways from the first 2020 presidential debate VIEW
- Record temperatures lure 'heat tourists' to Death Valley National Park
IMAX Egypt says the movie is showing as scheduled Thursday.