CAIRO (AP) — Maybe the Dark Side is to blame.
Fans in Egypt with IMAX tickets for the premiere of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” were bitterly disappointed when the theater in Cairo said it was cancelling its showings on opening day.
“We are extremely sorry to let you know that the IMAX copy of STAR WARS shipped to our theatre is corrupt,” the theatre said on its Facebook page Wednesday.
“I was livid. We have been planning it since November, reserved tickets online and everything was under control, then they tell us ‘Sorry,'” 34-year-old fan Mahmoud Salem said. “They are lucky people here aren’t die-hard fans. If this had happened in the U.S., they would have set the theatre on fire.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
IMAX Egypt says the movie is showing as scheduled Thursday.