EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) — An Eau Claire resident is accused of leaving four young children alone outside in cold weather after dark.
The Leader-Telegram reports that 30-year-old Jedadia Sullivan is charged in Eau Claire County Court with four felony counts of child abandonment.
Authorities say the temperature was 19 degrees with a 10-degree wind chill when the incident happened. The children were wearing coats but had no hats or gloves.
Sullivan faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. It wasn’t clear if Sullivan had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: Leader-Telegram, http://www.leadertelegram.com/