EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) — An Eau Claire resident is accused of leaving four young children alone outside in cold weather after dark.
The Leader-Telegram reports that 30-year-old Jedadia Sullivan is charged in Eau Claire County Court with four felony counts of child abandonment.
Authorities say the temperature was 19 degrees with a 10-degree wind chill when the incident happened. The children were wearing coats but had no hats or gloves.
Sullivan faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. It wasn’t clear if Sullivan had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
Information from: Leader-Telegram, http://www.leadertelegram.com/