PLATTE CENTER, Neb. (AP) — A wall to honor local veterans is being planned in an eastern Nebraska town.
An American Legion post and auxiliary are leading the charge in Platte Center, a Platte County community of about 330 people.
The Norfolk Daily News reports that bricks carrying the names of veterans will be sold, and there will be a plaque listing the names of local people killed in action.
Organizers hope to have the wall ready for an unveiling by Memorial Day next year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Norfolk Daily News, http://www.norfolkdailynews.com