MONTICELLO, Ky. (AP) — An early morning house fire left two people dead in Kentucky.
Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron tells news outlets his office is conducting a death investigation in the Tuesday incident and the victims will undergo an autopsy.
Monticello and Susie firefighters responded to the fire at the two-story brick house around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Kentucky State Police kept KY-90 closed to traffic for more than 12 hours while they were working.
The cause of the fire has not been determined. The victims’ names have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, trailblazing general stained by Iraq
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Colin Powell, warrior and statesman, dies of COVID complications
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events