MONTICELLO, Ky. (AP) — An early morning house fire left two people dead in Kentucky.
Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron tells news outlets his office is conducting a death investigation in the Tuesday incident and the victims will undergo an autopsy.
Monticello and Susie firefighters responded to the fire at the two-story brick house around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Kentucky State Police kept KY-90 closed to traffic for more than 12 hours while they were working.
The cause of the fire has not been determined. The victims’ names have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard VIEW
- Still have to drive? How to disinfect your car to cut coronavirus risk
- Coronavirus is mutating and now has 8 strains, doctors say
- Iran or its proxies planning 'sneak attack,' Trump says, warning of 'heavy price'