IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — An eastern Idaho city has renamed a street after Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Simpson and his wife, Kathy.
The Post Register reports that the Idaho Falls City Council on Thursday renamed University Boulevard to MK Simpson Boulevard.
Simpson during his two decades in Congress has supported the Idaho National Laboratory, and lab officials requested the name change.
The street is the address for the Energy Innovation Laboratory and the Center for Advanced Energy Studies.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- California officers reunite 250-pound tortoise with owners
- Nesting penguins can't resist lure of New Zealand sushi shop
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
Councilman John Radford says Simpson cares about the region and the Idaho National Laboratory is a huge part of the region’s economy.
Information from: Post Register, http://www.postregister.com