MADRID (AP) — Spanish authorities say a 17-year-old Dutch woman has died while bungee-jumping in northern Spain, the second fatal accident involving the sport in less than a month in Spain.
Emergency medical services in the northern region of Cantabria said the unnamed woman, who had been with a multisport group, died late Monday after falling some 40 meters from a viaduct on the A8 highway near the town of Cabezon de la Sal.
No explanation for the accident was provided.
On July 21, a 23-year-old British woman died after bungee-jumping from a bridge close to the southern city of Granada.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along