MADRID (AP) — Spanish authorities say a 17-year-old Dutch woman has died while bungee-jumping in northern Spain, the second fatal accident involving the sport in less than a month in Spain.
Emergency medical services in the northern region of Cantabria said the unnamed woman, who had been with a multisport group, died late Monday after falling some 40 meters from a viaduct on the A8 highway near the town of Cabezon de la Sal.
No explanation for the accident was provided.
On July 21, a 23-year-old British woman died after bungee-jumping from a bridge close to the southern city of Granada.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- Largest US quake in half-century causes Alaska little damage
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- Prison officials allowed convicted sex abuser Larry Nassar to pay little to victims while spending thousands on himself