MADRID (AP) — Spanish authorities say a 17-year-old Dutch woman has died while bungee-jumping in northern Spain, the second fatal accident involving the sport in less than a month in Spain.
Emergency medical services in the northern region of Cantabria said the unnamed woman, who had been with a multisport group, died late Monday after falling some 40 meters from a viaduct on the A8 highway near the town of Cabezon de la Sal.
No explanation for the accident was provided.
On July 21, a 23-year-old British woman died after bungee-jumping from a bridge close to the southern city of Granada.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them