MADRID (AP) — Spanish authorities say a 17-year-old Dutch woman has died while bungee-jumping in northern Spain, the second fatal accident involving the sport in less than a month in Spain.
Emergency medical services in the northern region of Cantabria said the unnamed woman, who had been with a multisport group, died late Monday after falling some 40 meters from a viaduct on the A8 highway near the town of Cabezon de la Sal.
No explanation for the accident was provided.
On July 21, a 23-year-old British woman died after bungee-jumping from a bridge close to the southern city of Granada.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Inside Bill Gates' high-stakes quest to vaccinate the world against COVID-19
- What was dripping down Giuliani's face? Dark streaks added to an already-odd event
- Biden expected to nominate Blinken as secretary of state