WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A Bronx man has been sentenced to four months in prison in connection with a crash on the Taconic State Parkway that killed four people, including his 2-year-old daughter.
Nerim Sinanovic was sentenced on Wednesday after pleading guilty to criminally negligent homicide and reckless driving in the August 2015 accident in Yorktown. He must also do five years of probation.
Sinanovic was driving his SUV when he lost control and struck another vehicle, killing its driver and two passengers. Sinanovic’s two children were both in child seats and were ejected. The 2-year-old died at the scene.
Prosecutors say a toxicology report indicated that Sinanovic had a level of Xanax in his system that was over therapeutic levels at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen