WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A Bronx man has been sentenced to four months in prison in connection with a crash on the Taconic State Parkway that killed four people, including his 2-year-old daughter.
Nerim Sinanovic was sentenced on Wednesday after pleading guilty to criminally negligent homicide and reckless driving in the August 2015 accident in Yorktown. He must also do five years of probation.
Sinanovic was driving his SUV when he lost control and struck another vehicle, killing its driver and two passengers. Sinanovic’s two children were both in child seats and were ejected. The 2-year-old died at the scene.
Prosecutors say a toxicology report indicated that Sinanovic had a level of Xanax in his system that was over therapeutic levels at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- New accusation rocks Kavanaugh nomination; Trump stands firm VIEW