DEDHAM, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman charged with striking and killing a 6-year-old boy with her car told police she was blinded by the sun and accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes.
Anne Marie McInnis pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges including motor vehicle homicide in connection with the November accident in Westwood.
Court documents show the 20-year-old Westwood woman told detectives she didn’t see Eddie Thomson or his father, Robert, before she struck them. Eddie died from his injuries three days later. Robert was injured.
Defense attorney Hugh Curran calls the case an “unfortunate accident.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
McInnis was released on personal recognizance and was ordered not to drive and to stay away from the Thomson family.
She’s due back in court May 22.