HERSHEY, Neb. (AP) — An Iowa woman who was ticketed for speeding in Nebraska perhaps didn’t take the citation seriously — deputies clocked her driving at 142 mph as she accelerated away from the traffic stop.
The Lincoln County sheriff’s office says the 31-year-old woman from Council Bluffs was eventually arrested on suspicion of willful reckless driving after deputies caught up with her for a second time early Saturday.
Deputies first stopped the 2018 Ford Mustang around 1 a.m. Saturday on Interstate 80 near North Platte after it was recorded driving 92 mph in a 75 mph zone. The driver was cited and told she could leave.
But she took off at speed and the deputies gave chase, using radar to clock her driving at 142 mph.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Online court records don’t indicate formal charges.