HERSHEY, Neb. (AP) — An Iowa woman who was ticketed for speeding in Nebraska perhaps didn’t take the citation seriously — deputies clocked her driving at 142 mph as she accelerated away from the traffic stop.
The Lincoln County sheriff’s office says the 31-year-old woman from Council Bluffs was eventually arrested on suspicion of willful reckless driving after deputies caught up with her for a second time early Saturday.
Deputies first stopped the 2018 Ford Mustang around 1 a.m. Saturday on Interstate 80 near North Platte after it was recorded driving 92 mph in a 75 mph zone. The driver was cited and told she could leave.
But she took off at speed and the deputies gave chase, using radar to clock her driving at 142 mph.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Several powerful earthquakes strike off the shore of Canada
- Police say former boyfriend fatally shot Utah athlete from Pullman before killing himself
- Records: Suspect in Utah university killing was sex offender WATCH
- Leaked video shows Khashoggi 'body double' after killing VIEW
- The trade war’s latest casualties: China’s coddled cats and dogs
Online court records don’t indicate formal charges.