HERSHEY, Neb. (AP) — An Iowa woman who was ticketed for speeding in Nebraska perhaps didn’t take the citation seriously — deputies clocked her driving at 142 mph as she accelerated away from the traffic stop.
The Lincoln County sheriff’s office says the 31-year-old woman from Council Bluffs was eventually arrested on suspicion of willful reckless driving after deputies caught up with her for a second time early Saturday.
Deputies first stopped the 2018 Ford Mustang around 1 a.m. Saturday on Interstate 80 near North Platte after it was recorded driving 92 mph in a 75 mph zone. The driver was cited and told she could leave.
But she took off at speed and the deputies gave chase, using radar to clock her driving at 142 mph.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Online court records don’t indicate formal charges.