DALLAS (AP) — The cab of an 18-wheeler tractor-trailer was left dangling from an overpass after a fiery collision on an interstate near downtown Dallas killed the driver.
The Dallas County sheriff’s department says witnesses told deputies that a sport utility vehicle fishtailed and hit a guardrail before swerving across all lanes of traffic and colliding with the tractor-trailer Friday morning on Interstate 30.
Eastbound I-30 and the road below were closed after the wreck. The accident has since been cleared.
Authorities say the tractor-trailer driver was 45-year-old Russell Carpenter of Detroit, Texas. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Authorities say a third vehicle was also involved, but it wasn’t yet clear how. That vehicle’s driver and the sport utility vehicle driver were taken to the hospital. They were in stable condition.