NORTH PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island man has been arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident that killed a pedestrian.
Suffolk County police say 25-year-old Luke Figat was trying to cross Sunrise Highway in North Patchogue early Saturday when he was struck by three vehicles. Figat was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say two of the drivers who hit the victim remained at the scene and the other one fled.
Twenty-nine-year-old Eduardo Aponte, of Mastic, was later arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
It’s not clear if Aponte has an attorney who could speak for him.