NORTH PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island man has been arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident that killed a pedestrian.
Suffolk County police say 25-year-old Luke Figat was trying to cross Sunrise Highway in North Patchogue early Saturday when he was struck by three vehicles. Figat was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say two of the drivers who hit the victim remained at the scene and the other one fled.
Twenty-nine-year-old Eduardo Aponte, of Mastic, was later arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
It’s not clear if Aponte has an attorney who could speak for him.