NORTH PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (AP) — A Long Island man has been arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident that killed a pedestrian.
Suffolk County police say 25-year-old Luke Figat was trying to cross Sunrise Highway in North Patchogue early Saturday when he was struck by three vehicles. Figat was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say two of the drivers who hit the victim remained at the scene and the other one fled.
Twenty-nine-year-old Eduardo Aponte, of Mastic, was later arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
It’s not clear if Aponte has an attorney who could speak for him.