BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Burlington mayoral candidate Carina Driscoll has seen a boost in her fundraising efforts after an email blast from the nationwide organization founded by her stepfather, independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.
Our Revolution, which previously endorsed the independent Driscoll, sent out an email this week asking supporters to send $5 to her campaign. The Burlington Free Press reports Driscoll’s current campaign finance report shows her with $32,854 in contributions, including a $10,000 loan she gave herself to kick off her run.
Incumbent Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger has drawn $80,774 in donations, including corporate donations from local businesses.
Infinite Culcleasure, who is also running as an independent, has raised $4,862.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com