BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Burlington mayoral candidate Carina Driscoll has seen a boost in her fundraising efforts after an email blast from the nationwide organization founded by her stepfather, independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.
Our Revolution, which previously endorsed the independent Driscoll, sent out an email this week asking supporters to send $5 to her campaign. The Burlington Free Press reports Driscoll’s current campaign finance report shows her with $32,854 in contributions, including a $10,000 loan she gave herself to kick off her run.
Incumbent Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger has drawn $80,774 in donations, including corporate donations from local businesses.
Infinite Culcleasure, who is also running as an independent, has raised $4,862.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com