BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Burlington mayoral candidate Carina Driscoll has seen a boost in her fundraising efforts after an email blast from the nationwide organization founded by her stepfather, independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.
Our Revolution, which previously endorsed the independent Driscoll, sent out an email this week asking supporters to send $5 to her campaign. The Burlington Free Press reports Driscoll’s current campaign finance report shows her with $32,854 in contributions, including a $10,000 loan she gave herself to kick off her run.
Incumbent Democratic Mayor Miro Weinberger has drawn $80,774 in donations, including corporate donations from local businesses.
Infinite Culcleasure, who is also running as an independent, has raised $4,862.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com