BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A 4-year-old Mandan girl in need of a double lung transplant has landed in Houston, Texas with her parents thanks to private donors.
Danica Stockwell is unable to fly commercial because of her lung disease and weakened immune system and needed to be evaluated at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston before she can be placed on its transplant waiting list.
The cost of a medical flight ranges from $13,000 to $21,000 one-way. The non-profit organization, Aero Angel, stepped in and secured a private jet for Danica and her parents. The Bismarck Tribune says the family departed Bismarck Municipal Airport for Houston Sunday afternoon.
Danica was diagnosed with the disease when she was a baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
Information from: Bismarck Tribune, http://www.bismarcktribune.com