CHARLOTTE, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan man who tried to attack disgraced former sports doctor Larry Nassar in a courtroom is sending thousands of dollars donated to him to charities that help survivors of sexual assault.
Randall Margraves’ three daughters were among Nassar’s sexual abuse victims. The Bath Township, Michigan, man tried to attack Nassar during a Feb. 2 hearing, but he was hauled out of court by sheriff’s deputies. Margraves later apologized, saying he’d lost control.
After that incident, people began donating to an unauthorized GoFundMe fundraiser for Margraves.
His attorney, Mick Grewal, tells the Lansing State Journal that nearly $30,000 donated to Margraves will be transferred to four organizations that help survivors of sexual assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
More than 250 girls and women say Nassar sexually assaulted them under the guise of treating their athletic injuries.
Information from: Lansing State Journal, http://www.lansingstatejournal.com