CHARLOTTE, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan man who tried to attack disgraced former sports doctor Larry Nassar in a courtroom is sending thousands of dollars donated to him to charities that help survivors of sexual assault.
Randall Margraves’ three daughters were among Nassar’s sexual abuse victims. The Bath Township, Michigan, man tried to attack Nassar during a Feb. 2 hearing, but he was hauled out of court by sheriff’s deputies. Margraves later apologized, saying he’d lost control.
After that incident, people began donating to an unauthorized GoFundMe fundraiser for Margraves.
His attorney, Mick Grewal, tells the Lansing State Journal that nearly $30,000 donated to Margraves will be transferred to four organizations that help survivors of sexual assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
More than 250 girls and women say Nassar sexually assaulted them under the guise of treating their athletic injuries.
Information from: Lansing State Journal, http://www.lansingstatejournal.com