BERLIN (AP) — Police were called to investigate a domestic disturbance in a southern German town — and found a man arguing with a parrot.
A resident in Loerrach, near the Swiss border, called the emergency number Monday to report his concerns about loud shouting from a next-door apartment that had been going on for some time.
Police said Tuesday that officers sent to the scene found there was a loud argument going on — but it was between a 22-year-old man and a parrot. The man told them he had been annoyed with the bird, which belonged to his girlfriend.
The parrot responded to being shouted at with loud noises of its own. Police said it couldn’t speak but could bark like a dog.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- UK's May faces no-confidence vote after Brexit plan crushed WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- At Trump’s inauguration, $10,000 for makeup and lots of room service VIEW
Since no one was hurt, the officers left.