BERLIN (AP) — A German Shepherd dog who disappeared from her home in Germany six months ago has resurfaced — more than 300 kilometers (180 miles) away in Switzerland.
Officials in Zurich say Rapunzel was found last week by an ambulance crew by the side of a highway near Zurich.
First responders determined the 8-year-old dog was badly injured and suffering from hypothermia, so they drove her to an animal hospital where she was treated for multiple fractures and internal bleeding.
Information from an implanted chip revealed Rapunzel had been reported missing from her home near Frankfurt, Germany, on Aug. 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Zurich officials said Tuesday “there’s a good chance that brave Rapunzel will survive and her owners will be able to pick her up soon.”