BERLIN (AP) — A German Shepherd dog who disappeared from her home in Germany six months ago has resurfaced — more than 300 kilometers (180 miles) away in Switzerland.
Officials in Zurich say Rapunzel was found last week by an ambulance crew by the side of a highway near Zurich.
First responders determined the 8-year-old dog was badly injured and suffering from hypothermia, so they drove her to an animal hospital where she was treated for multiple fractures and internal bleeding.
Information from an implanted chip revealed Rapunzel had been reported missing from her home near Frankfurt, Germany, on Aug. 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Zurich officials said Tuesday “there’s a good chance that brave Rapunzel will survive and her owners will be able to pick her up soon.”