BERLIN (AP) — A German Shepherd dog who disappeared from her home in Germany six months ago has resurfaced — more than 300 kilometers (180 miles) away in Switzerland.
Officials in Zurich say Rapunzel was found last week by an ambulance crew by the side of a highway near Zurich.
First responders determined the 8-year-old dog was badly injured and suffering from hypothermia, so they drove her to an animal hospital where she was treated for multiple fractures and internal bleeding.
Information from an implanted chip revealed Rapunzel had been reported missing from her home near Frankfurt, Germany, on Aug. 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Zurich officials said Tuesday “there’s a good chance that brave Rapunzel will survive and her owners will be able to pick her up soon.”