BERLIN (AP) — A German Shepherd dog who disappeared from her home in Germany six months ago has resurfaced — more than 300 kilometers (180 miles) away in Switzerland.
Officials in Zurich say Rapunzel was found last week by an ambulance crew by the side of a highway near Zurich.
First responders determined the 8-year-old dog was badly injured and suffering from hypothermia, so they drove her to an animal hospital where she was treated for multiple fractures and internal bleeding.
Information from an implanted chip revealed Rapunzel had been reported missing from her home near Frankfurt, Germany, on Aug. 15.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Zurich officials said Tuesday “there’s a good chance that brave Rapunzel will survive and her owners will be able to pick her up soon.”