NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a dog that was inside an idling convertible stolen from Newark Liberty International Airport has been recovered.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says someone in nearby Elizabeth on Friday contacted the owner of the 25-pound Jack Russell terrier from information on its collar.
The blue BMW convertible stolen while at the curb of the airport on Thursday has not been recovered.
No arrests have been made and police say the investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- WA, other West Coast states form pact committing to protect abortion access
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'