ELSMERE, Del. (AP) — A fire that broke out in an Elsmere multi-story building killed a dog and injured three people, including two fire fighters.
The Wilmington News-Journal reports that the blaze broke out just after 3 p.m. on Friday on the 100 block of S. Laura Court in the Laurel Hills development.
Authorities say a 46-year-old man suffered burns to his legs and feet, and was taken to a local hospital. A firefighter was also taken to a hospital for treatment of burns on his hands, and a second firefighter received medical attention at the scene.
Paramedics tried to revive a dog with chest compressions and ventilations at the scene, but the canine was pronounced dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care VIEW
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of COVID-19 but being left out of the official count
- Trump sees limits of presidency in avoiding blame for virus
- Great Barrier Reef suffers its most widespread mass bleaching event on record
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.