LAS VEGAS (AP) — A dog has found a permanent home after spending nearly 14 months at a Las Vegas animal shelter.
KLAS-TV reports the Vanoy family, which moved to Las Vegas from Colorado a couple months ago, adopted 6-year-old Mona after visiting the Animal Foundation on Saturday.
Mona, who was found in 2012 as a stray and had been back to the shelter a couple of times since then, is the Vanoy family’s first dog.
Mona had been at the shelter for 420 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Police think Alexa may have witnessed a double slaying — now they want Amazon to turn her over
Information from: KLAS-TV, http://www.klas-tv.com