LAS VEGAS (AP) — A dog has found a permanent home after spending nearly 14 months at a Las Vegas animal shelter.
KLAS-TV reports the Vanoy family, which moved to Las Vegas from Colorado a couple months ago, adopted 6-year-old Mona after visiting the Animal Foundation on Saturday.
Mona, who was found in 2012 as a stray and had been back to the shelter a couple of times since then, is the Vanoy family’s first dog.
Mona had been at the shelter for 420 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Information from: KLAS-TV, http://www.klas-tv.com