MANOR, Texas (AP) — A 7-year-old boy was bitten by a dog in his Central Texas neighborhood in an attack caught on home security video .
Manor (MAY’-nor) police tell KXAN television station the dog’s owner will be getting city ordinance citations for having an unregistered dog, an unprovoked attack, no proof of rabies vaccination and having an animal at large. That amounts to $400 in fines.
Brison Aldridge had bites on his thighs and back after being bitten Monday. He was taken to a hospital and released.
His mother says it was “terrifying” to hear from a neighbor’s child that her son was being attacked. Shauna Aldridge says, “I just took off running to go see and the neighbors had already stepped in and helped.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Nancy Pelosi’s Napa: Wealthy friends and a husband’s Porsche crash
Police say the dog’s owner agreed to surrender the animal.