NEW YORK (AP) — Actress and activist Rose McGowan will be the subject of a new documentary TV series.
E! said Tuesday it will air the first part of “Citizen Rose” on Jan. 30, which coincides with the release of her memoir, “Brave.” Four more episodes will air in the spring.
McGowan helped open a national public discussion about sexual harassment and abuse when she accused Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein of raping her. Weinstein has repeatedly denied “allegations of non-consensual sex.”
With the documentary, McGowan says she hopes to “amplify my message of bravery, art, joy and survival” and to “show how we can heal through art even when being hounded by evil.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The gaping hole in Sean Hannity's story about being Michael Cohen's client | Analysis
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt VIEW
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
She will serve as an executive producer.