NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.