NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Apple banks on tax break to build 2nd campus, hire 20,000
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Police investigate reported gang rape of teen in Ballard park
- Is Seattle’s homeless crisis the worst in the country?
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.