NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.