NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.