NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.