NEWARK, N.J. — A doctor has admitted assaulting a sleeping girl on a flight from Seattle to New Jersey’s Newark Liberty International Airport this summer.
Vijaykumar Krishnappa appeared before a federal magistrate in Newark on Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 29-year-old physician intentionally touched the girl near her groin over her leggings without her consent. She was sleeping in the seat next to him on the July flight.
Under terms of a plea agreement, the Indian national will be sentenced to between 30 and 90 days in prison in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, killed in confrontation VIEW
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Package bound for Austin explodes at Texas FedEx facility; second package recovered
- Ex-Playboy model sues to break silence on Trump
He was studying medicine in the U.S. under a fellowship for doctors from foreign counties.