SAN ANTONIO (AP) — The Bexar County District Attorney has agreed to lend some manpower to the sheriff’s office investigation into the deputy-involved shooting of a 6-year-old boy.
Kameron Prescott was killed last week when Bexar County Sheriff’s deputies opened fire on a woman at a San Antonio-area mobile home park following a nearly two-hour manhunt.
The woman, 30-year-old Amanda Jones, was also fatally shot in the December 21 incident.
Sheriff Javier Salazar has said Jones had no apparent connection to the boy or his family.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
- An excavation in the sea depths recovers Hercules from the afterlife
District attorney spokeswoman Leslie Garza said in a statement Tuesday that office staff are reviewing the use-of-force investigation at the request of the sheriff’s office.
Garza said that if the investigation indicates that the deputies’ actions were criminal, the district attorney’s office “will take appropriation action.”