AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman accused of fatally shooting her husband in the head and dismembering his body has pleaded not guilty in a county court.
Authorities say 49-year-old Marcia Eubank shot 54-year-old Howard Eubank in June, put his remains in containers around their Akron-area home and acknowledged the killing after their son found the remains in December.
Marcia Eubank pleaded not guilty to charges including aggravated murder, corpse abuse and evidence-tampering at her arraignment Friday in Summit County court. The Akron Beacon Journal reports that she remained jailed on $1 million bond.
Defense attorney Brian Pierce says Eubank suffered physical and mental abuse in her marriage. Pierce has said mental health professionals will evaluate Eubank to help with her defense.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
The Eubanks were married for about 25 years.