DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit dog owner has pleaded guilty in the brutal mauling of a man who was attacked while feeding a pack of pit bulls.
Steve Constantine lost most of his left arm, his left leg below the knee and his left ear last fall.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says Derick Felton pleaded guilty Thursday to harboring dangerous animals that caused injuries. A judge says he’s likely to get probation when he’s sentenced on Sept. 25.
The 51-year-old Constantine was trying to feed Felton’s dogs when he was attacked. Police killed one dog at the scene. Eleven other pit bulls or pit bull mixes were captured and euthanized.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
- Many post-COVID patients are experiencing new medical problems, study finds
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hottest Temperatures in Arizona and Nevada History Are Possible
In May, a judge awarded $100 million to Constantine in a civil lawsuit, but he’s not expected to collect that amount.