OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge visitor center is closing for the Christmas holiday starting on Sunday.
Refuge officials say it will remain closed through Monday and reopen for regular business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
The visitor center will also close for the New Year’s Day federal holiday on Jan. 1. It will reopen on Jan. 2. The seasonal sections of the refuge tour road and refuge grounds will remain open during those federal holidays.
DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge is located 25 miles north of Omaha on U.S. Highway 30 between Missouri Valley, Iowa, and Blair, Nebraska.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest