DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Des Moines Police have identified the victim in the city’s latest fatal shooting.
Police said in a news release that 20-year-old Des Moines resident Josue D. Alonzo Jr. died after Friday night’s shooting on the city’s east side.
Officers found Alonzo dead at the scene of the shooting after they were called to the area around 10:30 p.m. Friday.
No arrests had been reported as of Sunday morning. This shooting was Des Moines’ third homicide this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them