KILN, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man is accused of biting off a piece of another man’s ear during a fight and bragging about it on Twitter.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/2eySbNR) Hancock County sheriff’s deputies say 21-year-old Michael Cuevas was arrested Thursday on an aggravated assault charge.
Authorities began investigating after a man went to a hospital Sept. 25 with part of his ear missing and underwent surgery. Sheriff’s investigator Gary Hudgens says the victim told deputies a man bit his ear during a fight at a bar in Kiln.
During their investigation, detectives discovered someone had posted a tweet, bragging about biting a man’s ear off during a fight. Detectives traced the tweet to Cuevas, who was identified in a lineup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
It’s unclear if Cuevas has an attorney.
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com