ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida sheriff’s deputy shot and wounded a man suspected of carjacking following a brief, late-night police chase near Orlando.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/1Pg18bI ) reports Orange County Sheriff’s deputies spotted an orange Hummer on Sunday night than had apparently been stolen at gunpoint a short time earlier.
Authorities say the deputies followed the vehicle for about five miles until it stopped. A sheriff’s office report says the deputy saw a man get out of the vehicle with a gun. The deputy says he feared for his life and fired, wounding the 19-year-old suspect.
The suspect was taken to a hospital in stable condition. He faces charges of armed carjacking, robbery with a firearm and eluding police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plan would return beachfront taken from Black family in '20s
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart
Deputies say they recovered a gun.
An investigation continues.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/