ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in North Carolina say an employee at a store pulled out a gun and fired shots at a gunman as he fled.
WITN-TV in Greenville reports Nash County sheriff’s deputies say the Nashville store was held up late Monday night by a person who demanded money from the cash register.
The deputies said the employee pulled out a revolver during the robbery and fired multiple shots at the suspect as they fled. The worker wasn’t hurt, and it’s not known if the robber was hit by gunfire.
A search dog tracked the robber to a car vehicle parked down a road. So far, there have been no arrests in the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Information from: WITN-TV, http://www.witn.com/