MEBANE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man called 911 to say he stabbed his mother in their North Carolina home and was found outside with blood on his hands and arms.
Alamance County deputies say 29-year-old Jeremiah Walsh also had cuts to his hands that were so severe, he was hospitalized and needed surgery.
Deputies say when they arrived at Walsh’s home near Mebane around 4 a.m. Friday, they found 57-year-old Karla Arnold dead in a bedroom dead from stab wounds.
Authorities did not give a motive for the killing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
Walsh is charged with first-degree murder. It wasn’t known if he had a lawyer.