FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman who was trying to sell an iPhone through the online app Offer Up was shot in the head when she met up with the prospective buyer.
Broward Sheriff’s spokeswoman Gina Carter tells news outlets the injuries the woman suffered Sunday aren’t life-threatening. Detectives are trying to find the man.
Carter says the man asked the woman and her fiance to take him to an ATM. Security cameras captured the man walking inside a convenience store and pretending to use the ATM. When he returned, the couple noted he was acting strangely.
Carter says the man pulled out a gun and demanded both their phones. As they drove away, he fired a shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
A reward of up to $3,000 is being offered for tips leading to an arrest.