NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana mother threw her infant son at his father’s feet, fracturing the baby’s skull.
Nola.com/The Times-Picayune reports the infant’s father said he had been arguing with 24-year-old Heidy Rios, of Terrytown, when she threw the 3-week-old baby at his feet and uttered an expletive, telling him to “take” his son.
The father took the child to a New Orleans hospital on Thursday, and doctors determined the infant had fractured his right temporal bone. Authorities say the injuries aren’t life-threatening.
Rios initially told investigators she didn’t know how her son was hurt, but she later said she may have dropped the child during the dispute.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
A Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office arrest report says Rios was arrested Friday and charged with cruelty to a juvenile. It’s unclear if she has a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com