GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies say the body of a man missing in South Carolina has been found.
Greenville County Sheriff’s spokesman Sean Zukowsky says the body of 76-yea-rold Dale Hunter was found in some woods late Thursday afternoon.
Deputies say Hunter was last seen about midday April 5 at his home in Greenville County when he left for a walk.
Sgt. Ryan Flood said nearly 175 searchers from various agencies took part in the effort to find Hunter. Flood said the search also involved numerous dog teams, aircraft and drones.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The coroner’s office said an autopsy is planned Friday to help determine how Hunter died.