THERMAL, Calif. (AP) — Talk about driving a lemon!
Authorities say a man has been arrested in Southern California after deputies found about 800 pounds (363 kilograms) of stolen lemons inside his car.
Riverside County sheriff’s officials say 69-year-old Dionicio Fierros was arrested Friday and booked on a charge of theft of agricultural products.
Deputies were investigating recent farm thefts when they stopped Fierros’ car in Thermal on Friday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
- Militia leader said members were training to kill Obama, Clinton and Soros, FBI says WATCH
Inside his car, deputies say they found several large bags of freshly picked lemons they say were stolen from a nearby farm.
A telephone number for Fierros could not be located in public records and it wasn’t immediately clear if he had an attorney who could comment on the allegations.