THERMAL, Calif. (AP) — Talk about driving a lemon!
Authorities say a man has been arrested in Southern California after deputies found about 800 pounds (363 kilograms) of stolen lemons inside his car.
Riverside County sheriff’s officials say 69-year-old Dionicio Fierros was arrested Friday and booked on a charge of theft of agricultural products.
Deputies were investigating recent farm thefts when they stopped Fierros’ car in Thermal on Friday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- The coming California megastorm
Inside his car, deputies say they found several large bags of freshly picked lemons they say were stolen from a nearby farm.
A telephone number for Fierros could not be located in public records and it wasn’t immediately clear if he had an attorney who could comment on the allegations.