DENVER (AP) — A Denver woman says police mailed her a ticket after photo radar caught her SUV speeding. But it wasn’t her behind the wheel — the vehicle was stolen weeks before.
Denver news station KMGH-TV reported Monday (http://tinyurl.com/ptu7rul ) that Melissa Gonzales got the ticket showing her 2014 Ford Explorer going 85 in a 45-mph zone on Sept. 15, about two weeks after it was taken from outside her home.
She hopes someone recognizes the four males in the photo, but she says it’s a little upsetting to see them smiling.
Gonzales says her SUV also got a parking ticket and triggered a $9.20 toll in the Denver area last month. Both were mailed to her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cheney criticizes Trump's attempt to brand 2020 election 'the Big Lie,' sparking new calls for her to leave leadership
- Florida middle school killer dies in prison at 31
- A teenager mistakenly moved into a senior living complex. TikTok loves it.
- Affluent Americans rush to retire in new 'life-is-short' mindset
- Photo of Chauvin juror wearing BLM T-shirt at march raises questions of impartiality, experts say
She says the paper trail makes it seem like whoever is driving wants to be found.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com