DENVER (AP) — A Denver woman says police mailed her a ticket after photo radar caught her SUV speeding. But it wasn’t her behind the wheel — the vehicle was stolen weeks before.
Denver news station KMGH-TV reported Monday (http://tinyurl.com/ptu7rul ) that Melissa Gonzales got the ticket showing her 2014 Ford Explorer going 85 in a 45-mph zone on Sept. 15, about two weeks after it was taken from outside her home.
She hopes someone recognizes the four males in the photo, but she says it’s a little upsetting to see them smiling.
Gonzales says her SUV also got a parking ticket and triggered a $9.20 toll in the Denver area last month. Both were mailed to her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
She says the paper trail makes it seem like whoever is driving wants to be found.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com