DENVER (AP) — A Denver woman says police mailed her a ticket after photo radar caught her SUV speeding. But it wasn’t her behind the wheel — the vehicle was stolen weeks before.
Denver news station KMGH-TV reported Monday (http://tinyurl.com/ptu7rul ) that Melissa Gonzales got the ticket showing her 2014 Ford Explorer going 85 in a 45-mph zone on Sept. 15, about two weeks after it was taken from outside her home.
She hopes someone recognizes the four males in the photo, but she says it’s a little upsetting to see them smiling.
Gonzales says her SUV also got a parking ticket and triggered a $9.20 toll in the Denver area last month. Both were mailed to her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- ‘Needle spiking’ of women in Britain stirs alarm over new kind of assault
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
- California travel blogger among 2 killed in Mexico's Tulum
She says the paper trail makes it seem like whoever is driving wants to be found.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com