FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Democrat Paul Feeney has won the special election to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of former state Sen. James Timilty.
Feeney beat Republican Jacob Ventura and independent Joe Shortsleeve on Tuesday in the Bristol and Norfolk state Senate district.
The district is made up of portions of the city of Attleboro and the towns of Mansfield, Norton, Rehoboth and Seekonk in Bristol County — and the towns of Foxborough, Medfield, Sharon and Walpole in Norfolk County.
Timilty resigned from the seat earlier this year to become the Norfolk County treasurer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Italy: Bus driver abducts 51 children, sets vehicle on fire
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Wealthy parents in admissions scandal under intense pressure to make deals. Here's why
Democrats hold overwhelming majorities in the Massachusetts House and Senate.