FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Democrat Paul Feeney has won the special election to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of former state Sen. James Timilty.
Feeney beat Republican Jacob Ventura and independent Joe Shortsleeve on Tuesday in the Bristol and Norfolk state Senate district.
The district is made up of portions of the city of Attleboro and the towns of Mansfield, Norton, Rehoboth and Seekonk in Bristol County — and the towns of Foxborough, Medfield, Sharon and Walpole in Norfolk County.
Timilty resigned from the seat earlier this year to become the Norfolk County treasurer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Democrats hold overwhelming majorities in the Massachusetts House and Senate.