FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Democrat Paul Feeney has won the special election to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the resignation of former state Sen. James Timilty.
Feeney beat Republican Jacob Ventura and independent Joe Shortsleeve on Tuesday in the Bristol and Norfolk state Senate district.
The district is made up of portions of the city of Attleboro and the towns of Mansfield, Norton, Rehoboth and Seekonk in Bristol County — and the towns of Foxborough, Medfield, Sharon and Walpole in Norfolk County.
Timilty resigned from the seat earlier this year to become the Norfolk County treasurer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- AP fact check: Trump isn't holed up nonstop at White House WATCH
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump declares he'll 'never back down' in shutdown fight WATCH
Democrats hold overwhelming majorities in the Massachusetts House and Senate.