NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police are identifying a suspect they say refused to drop a gun and was shot by a trooper responding to a reported home invasion robbery.
State Police identified the man Saturday in a statement as 39-year-old James McCardell of Colora, Maryland. State Police say McCardell and another man, Brian Richardson of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, were charged with attempted robbery, home invasion and other charges.
State Police previously said that a trooper called to a Newark home Thursday night for a report of a home invasion style robbery had shot a suspect when he refused to drop a gun. Police said a second suspect was placed in custody and they were looking for a third.
McCardell’s brother said in a telephone interview that his brother has issues with drugs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- People dumped their pets into lakes, officials say. Now football-size goldfish are taking over.
- Free money for all? Mayors hope local tests bring big change
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events