LEWES, Del. (AP) — A Delaware man who was shot by his father has been arrested on charges in connection with the incident.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports that Lewes police responded to the Sussex Correctional Institute on Thursday to charge 31-year-old Spencer Coffin, who was being held there on unrelated charges.
Police had previously said that a man identified as Coffin’s father reported shooting his son during an argument Dec. 1. Lewes Police Chief Thomas Spell said in December that the investigation was in the hands of the state’s attorney general’s office, and the case’s complexity was delaying the filing of charges.
The investigation subsequently found that the father was protecting himself from Coffin’s menacing and aggressive behavior.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
It’s unclear whether Coffin has a lawyer.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/