WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A Delaware man who pleaded guilty to raping a girl over a period of five years has been sentenced to life in prison.
The News Journal reports that New Castle County police said Richard “Ricky” White of Greenville began raping the girl when she was 12. Police said he raped the girl at least 250 times since 2012. Police said the 41-year-old White also took photos and videos and threatened to publish them.
In a probable cause affidavit, police said they saw messages in which the victim told White she was afraid of him and asked him to stop contacting her. Eventually, the girl told someone and that person contacted police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Records from Trump White House still missing, National Archives says
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com