LODGEPOLE, Neb. (AP) — Western Nebraska officials are investigating as homicides the deaths of two people whose bodies were found in a Lodgepole home.
The Scottsbluff Star-Herald reports that the bodies of 51-year-old Michelle Lee Marlatt-Arledge and 52-year-old Mark Arledge were found Thursday. Cheyenne County sheriff’s deputies discovered the bodies after being sent there to investigate a report of elder abuse.
Cheyenne County Attorney Paul Schaub says deputies knocked on the door, and a woman replied “just a minute,” before the deputies then heard a gunshot.
Deputies then entered the house and found both bodies in separate rooms. Both had gunshot wounds.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Autopsies have been ordered.
Information from: Star-Herald, http://www.starherald.com