BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — A southern Indiana sheriff says authorities are investigating after two dead horses and a starving third horse were found in a barn.
Monroe County Sheriff Brad Swain says two horses were recently found dead in the stalls of a barn where a third horse suffering from starvation was rescued.
Swain says that horse was removed from the property and is recovering under a veterinarian’s care.
The veterinarian determined that horse, who’s been named “Jake” by his rescuers, had been surviving on dirt and wood from his stall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender early next week WATCH
- Trump is indicted in N.Y. Here's what it means and what happens next.
- FBI documents give new view into Las Vegas shooter's mindset
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
The Herald-Times reports that animal management deputies and a state veterinarian are investigating the deaths of the two other horses.
Swain says a 62-year-old man who investigators believe has worked as a horse trainer owns the property where the horses were found.
Information from: The Herald Times, http://www.heraldtimesonline.com