ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) — Investigators say the death of a 47-year-old man whose car caught fire in southwestern Wyoming was an accident.
Michael Lee Tinnie was driving to see a waterfall west of Rock Springs on Feb. 15 when his car got stuck in an area of tall, thick sagebrush that pressed tightly against the driver’s side door. Investigators believe heat from the exhaust system or the catalytic converter sparked the blaze.
Tinnie, of Rock Springs, was the only one in the vehicle. He died of smoke inhalation.
Investigators say alcohol also played a role in his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Soaring Russian death toll gives grim insight into Moscow's tactics in Ukraine