ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say the death of a New York man found on the ice in Presque Isle Bay in northwestern Pennsylvania has been ruled accidental.
The Erie County Coroner says the body of 65-year-old Thomas Fields of Buffalo was recovered at the foot of Dobbins Landing on Saturday morning.
Coroner Lyell Cook says Fields, a former Erie resident, was visiting family but wandered away at about midnight. Erie police say surveillance video shows him alone when he fell from the dock just after 6 a.m. Saturday.
Someone passing by spotted the body shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday. Cook said Fields died of hypothermia.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events