HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Election officials are warning Connecticut voters that time is running out to transfer enrollment from one party to another ahead of the statewide primary.
The last day voters can change their enrollment before the primary election is Monday, May 14.
The statewide primary is scheduled for Aug. 14. Candidates for governor will be on the ballot from each of the major parties in addition to other races.
Last year there were more than 32,000 changes to party registration in Connecticut. In 2016 there were more than 132,000 changes to party registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
- AP fact check: Trump isn't holed up nonstop at White House WATCH
- Complaint in Closs case could be road map for prosecution WATCH
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Trump declares he'll 'never back down' in shutdown fight WATCH