HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Election officials are warning Connecticut voters that time is running out to transfer enrollment from one party to another ahead of the statewide primary.
The last day voters can change their enrollment before the primary election is Monday, May 14.
The statewide primary is scheduled for Aug. 14. Candidates for governor will be on the ballot from each of the major parties in addition to other races.
Last year there were more than 32,000 changes to party registration in Connecticut. In 2016 there were more than 132,000 changes to party registration.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire