BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman who operated an unlicensed day care out of her home has been sentenced to 30 months in prison for killing a 4-month-old boy by giving him an overdose of Benadryl.
The Connecticut Post reports that Carol Cardillo was sentenced Thursday in Bridgeport Superior Court. She pleaded no contest to a manslaughter charge in November in connection with the death of Adam Seagull, of Shelton, in March 2016. She had faced up to five years in prison.
Cardillo, of Fairfield, never admitted to killing the boy. She said in court Thursday that she was “very sad” about what happened to him.
Adam’s parents, Matthew and Michelle Seagull, said they believed justice was served. They called Cardillo an evil person.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Cardillo’s lawyer said Cardillo didn’t intentionally kill the boy.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com