CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — The 57-year-old husband of a day care operator in Wyoming has pleaded not guilty to spanking a child to the point of bruising the child.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports that David L. Lang, of Casper, entered the plea Wednesday in Natrona County District Court.
Police allege Lang, whose wife operated a day care center in Casper, spanked a child staying at the facility in September. Court documents say a doctor found deep bruises on the boy’s buttocks, the back of his legs and inner thighs.
Lang remained free on bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
- Soaring Russian death toll gives grim insight into Moscow's tactics in Ukraine
The court documents indicate that the day care’s license was suspended following the incident.
Information from: Casper (Wyo.) Star-Tribune, http://www.trib.com